Wednesday 2 January 2008

Hello & Welcome.


Welcome to my blog. I am a bus driver with Stagecoach in Fife based at the Cowdenbeath bus depot. I thought to myself what better way to let off steam than write about my job and let you all share in my thoughts about being a bus driver, hopefully they won't all be negative but you never know I may have something good to say.

Well here goes.....

Just like about every other bus company in the land we are desperate for drivers. I wonder why? Could it be anything to do with the low wages, long shifts, short breaks, abuse from the passengers, attitude of management and crap vehicles?

I can wholeheartedly recommend Cowdenbeath if you enjoy all of the above. So why not give them a call. Just look at this testimonial.

"I love it here. If you want to drive vintage buses for up to twelve hours a day its brill.
I'm not bothered about only getting paid for eight hours, where else would I get to drive museum pieces all day long?" Mr A.Norak, Cowdenbeath

Don't be fooled by the nice shiny new Stagecoach buses you see elsewhere. At Cowdenbeath you'll be lucky to find any new buses. I would suggest any new drivers bring on their first day a working heater, Can of WD40 and an ice pick to remove your feet from the pedals after 5 1/2 hours behind the wheel sat in the cold.

So Mr Souter, if you are reading this maybe you could send some of the 580 new buses you have ordered this year to us at Cowdenbeath. I think I'm fooling myself, this just means there will be 580 old clapped out buses that can be sent on to us, like the one below. Stagecoach East must have had some new buses so we now have our latest "New Bus" to unveil to the fare paying public of Cowdenbeath.

I must be a masochist, between you and me I quite like my job really.
Happy New Year to you all.


2 comments:

David said...

welcome to bus blogging. Great fun but remember not to upset anyone who can upset you even more. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

I was a bus driver in London,thinking of joining you lot now we've moved to Glenrothes,which is the better garage Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline ?