Friday 11 January 2008

Passing me by.




Many a driver will tell you countless tales and moan about the hoards of OAPs with their free passes. I have to say I have no problem with them. Give me a bus full of grannies over a bus full of kids anytime. We have to remember Cowdenbeath is a small depot in a quiet area. Without the OAPs and their passes we would be running empty buses during the day which Mr Souter doesn't like. So in the end there would be no off-peak buses and less drivers needed.

However, can I please make an appeal to our freebie passengers. Yes, you do need to get your pass out and place it onto our nice sparkly new ticket machine. You don't need to place it onto the screen or slide it into the gap where the ticket appears from or even drop it down the demister vent. Its simple, honest, you just place it on top of the machine where the BLOODY GREAT BIG YELLOW STICKER SHOWS YOU!! Is that too difficult?

Oh and by the way, the machines may be clever but they are not telepathic. You need to tell the one holding the steering wheel your destination.

1 comment:

cuthbus said...

I work for Lothian Buses, and I think we're getting similar Machines soon.

But I have to say when we do get Fifers on the bus, they stand like idiots, gauping at us, waiting on a ticket. WE DONT ISSUE TICKETS ON LOTHIAN BUSES.

But we do have Ridacards which out passengers place on a Smartcard Reader, but sumtimes we do have the odd Tesco Clubcard, Student ID or Visa Card placed on it tho!